Comprehensive Mold Services
Mold removal and restoration services
Did you know mold can start growing in 24-48 hours after water damage or high humidity? Have you checked under your sink or behind your dishwasher recently? What about those stow-away closets or basements? Mold can go unnoticed for extended periods, often hiding where we don’t usually check. Unfortunately, this usually means you only know you have a problem once it becomes a big problem. Even without noticeable signs, every home is susceptible to mold.
Be particularly mindful of the following circumstances:
– Dark areas with excessive humidity (under sinks or behind laundry machines, basement)
– Locations with poor ventilation.
– Naturally humid environments (like East Alabama)
Even the most minor patch of mold often indicates significant mold growth that’s invisible to the naked eye. We pride ourselves on integrity and transparency. After a visual inspection, we’ll assess for water damage and then tackle the mold problem head-on. We clean affected areas, remove what we can’t save, and use our unique blend of cleaning agents to kill mold before beginning restoration.
We may recommend a qualified 3rd party mold inspection and testing company to verify the need for mold remediation. Samples of affected areas can be taken for assessment and sent for evaluation (typically within a few days) if a visual inspection does not suffice. With our team of competent and certified professionals, you can rest assured that you’re in capable and trustworthy hands.
Signs Of A Mold Problem:
- You see visible growth on surfaces
- A strong, earthy, or musty odor
- Evidence of past moisture problems that could lead to undetected growth, i.e., watermarks on drywall or lifting linoleum in the bathroom
- Water damage, such as a flood, leak, or storm
Why Is Mold In My Home?
Because it spreads through tiny spores, it can find its way inside easily: through an open window, on your clothing, on your pets, and through your crawl space. In fact, crawl space encapsulation is one of the best ways to prevent growth and the need for mold removal in your home. All it takes is a damp environment for little spores to become a big problem.
Look out for signs of mold damage, including:
- Water damage or flooding
- High indoor humidity
- Musty or damp smells
- Visible growth spots
Mold is detrimental to your property, your belongings, and your business. Once it takes root, it is difficult to remove without professional equipment and training. While mainstream bleach companies want you to believe this to be true, the reality is while bleach is a powerful disinfectant, it won’t kill the spores. As a result, health-focused government agencies such as the (EPA) Environmental Protection Agency and the (OSHA) Occupational Safety and Health Administration no longer recommend using bleach to kill visible growth.
Mold grows long arms (mycelia and hyphae) penetrating porous surfaces, such as drywall or hardwood floors. Bleach will make a surface appear clean while it grows deep in the pores. Instead of killing it, the bleach will provide a damp environment for the mold to feed off of and grow stronger.
Due to the secondary damages caused by pouring corrosive material on the surface, insurance companies often won’t pay for damages. It is crucial to get professional removal services.
Mold Health Implications
Mold can damage your and your family’s belongings and health! As spores grow, they produce irritants, allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), and, in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). The scary thing is not everyone is susceptible to its health effects. Some people never show outward symptoms of exposure, while others are impacted noticeably.
In otherwise healthy people, indoor exposure can cause:
- Upper respiratory tract symptoms
- Difficulty breathing
- Runny noses
- Skin rashes (dermatitis)
For individuals with asthma, exposure can trigger asthma attacks and other symptoms. It can also trigger bouts of hypersensitivity pneumonitis (an uncommon immune system disorder that affects your lungs) for individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition.
Certain types- such as Stachybotrys and Aspergillus, will produce mycotoxins under certain conditions. These toxins can cause severe illnesses in humans and pets.
Symptoms might include:
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Bleeding in the nose and lungs
Finally, repeated exposure might increase your sensitivity, causing more severe allergic reactions in the future.
Klean-Co’s satisfaction Guarantee!
The spores are hazardous and something you want to avoid messing around with. Luckily, companies like Klean-Co do the dirty work for you. Our experienced and certified remediation experts will accurately detect the problem, determine and eliminate its cause, contain it, and restore your property to its pre-loss condition. You can depend on us to remove it all and we back that with an unconditional guarantee. Call our team of experts for a free quote and on-site assessment of your property today.
This is a professional top notch restoration company with fast response time. They make the process go smoothly.
Matthew was my technician, he cleaned my carpet. He did a remarkable job. Thank you so much Matt!
These guys are fantastic! Pipe burst in the wall and the water damage was horrible. The wood was rotting and the carpet was stained. They work with your insurance company and all is now better than new! I highly recommend them. Especially for water damage restoration!
I had my rugs and furniture cleaned after years worth of pet stains. Their responsiveness and attention to detail was amazing. Highly recommend!
These guys do everything and they do it right! Had loads of water damage from severe flooding and they made it look like it never even happened!